Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel have just announced that they're ending their decade-long marriage, and the universe wails a resounding wail of sorrow. They were the best couple! Nooooooooo.
According to a statement released by their reps: "Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have jointly decided to separate at this time. Their primary focus and concern is for their son. We ask that you respect their privacy during this time."
This isn't the first time we've heard horrid whispers that all wasn't right. I know that it's not really my place to scream protestations at the sky over the dissolution of the marriage of two strangers — but once more: NOOOOOOO. [People]
Lea Michele went on Ellen and spoke about losing Cory Monteith. "Going to work is no different than being in the house, and opening up a closet, and seeing a pair of shoes," she said. "Grief goes with you every day, whatever you're doing: when there are great moments, when there are hard moments. So I'd rather be at work with the people that I love who are going through the same thing. It obviously has its triggers, but I feel so safe there... They're like my family."
Absolutely heartbreaking. Without fail, I start weeping every time she talks about moving on. [Just Jared]
On a much lighter note: in an interview with WGCI radio, Kanye West talked about Kim Kardashian's music career, which I imagine will fall somewhere between Heidi Montag's music career and Paris Hilton's music career ("STARS ARE BLIND" IS A GOOD SONG, OK?) on the "painful and terrible" spectrum.
"I am going to make Kim Kardashian a bigger performer than Beyonce," said Kanye. "Me and Kim will soon be the first couple of Hip Hop." I think we should all be held accountable for this — because in insisting that it's bad that Kim has no talents, we've made her feel that she has to pretend to develop some. [ONTD]
- Oprah said in an interview, "If I had kids, my kids would hate me." In what kind of sick, dark reality would Oprah's children hate her? This is all of our faults for allowing this world to exist. [Bossip]
- Someone criticized Rihanna on Instagram for taking pictures of all of her expensive holiday gifts, and she responded by calling that person a "reject witcho ratchet ass." WITCHO. Should I get knuckle tattoos that spell that out? [Bossip]
- Mena Suvari took a very good Christmas photo with her boyfriend and her cat. Even better is E!'s description of it: "The actress proved that not only does she have a sense of humor, but that awkward Christmas cards are by far the greatest things you could create to spread holiday cheer." Oh, indeed. [E!]
- According to Carson Daly, Adam Levine's "whole life has been a bachelor party." All the world's an extended bachelor party for Sexiest Man Alive Adam Levine, and we are but attendees. [E!]
- When asked about her relationship with Harry Styles, Kendall Jenner responded, "No deets," because she is eighteen years old. [E!]
- Emmy Rossum Instagrammed a fake Glamorous Breastfeeding photo. [E!]
- Prince William and Kate Middleton love Downton Abbey. [HuffPo]
- Ashton Kutcher posted a photo of a dark abyss that people are saying depicts him kissing Mila Kunis. I can see only darkness. Am I going blind? [HuffPo]
- Dita Von Teese says she would rather look at Helmut Newton's photography than Miley Cyrus twerking. Just FYI. [Page Six]
- Khloe Kardashian's wedding ring is off. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- TMZ RAN A MEAN ARTICLE ABOUT GRUMPY CAT. WHERE DO YOU GET OFF, TMZ?!?!?!?!? [TMZ]
- K-Fed is expecting his SIXTH kid. [TMZ]