Desperate to hang out with OMG NICK CANNON STAR OF DRUMLINE, a bag of jewelry from Fred Segal (a fancy store) agreed to hang out with a guy who introduced himself as A Friend of International Celebrity Nick Cannon, Star of Drumline, only to realize too late that this supposed Cannon confidant was really an impostor exploiting Nick Cannon's international renown to pull off lazy jewelry heists.
Here's how the heist went down, according to TMZ:
A guy who called himself Michael called the Santa Monica store and said he worked for Nick, and, being the hubby of Mariah Carey, he needed some jewelry STAT.
Michael asked the woman from Fred Segal to meet him at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood with the goods. The woman obliged, put the jewelry in a bag and drove to the Hotel.
A guy met the woman at the front door, but it wasn't Michael ... it was a guy claiming to be a security guard and dressed like one. The guy apparently indicated he would take the goods up to Nick's room and come down with cash — in order to avoid paying taxes.
You guessed it. The woman gave the dude the goods and that was the last she saw of anyone.
Not sure anyone could guess that a store employee would just hand over a bag of jewelry to some random guy, but it's good to know that, if you ever have to turn to a life of jewel thievery, it won't be nearly as difficult as The Score would have led you to believe. [TMZ]
- Alec Baldwin, actor, would like to make a few things clear. Two things! He'd like to make two things clear: he didn't use a homophobic slur against anyone, and if MSNBC cancels his show, that decision has nothing to do with his non-use of the word "faggot" and everything to do with how shitty the show is. [HuffPo]
- Bobbie Brown, star of the innuendo-y music video "Cherry Pie," says she had sex with a 19-year-old Leonardo DiCaprio, who had dick so enormous it "put Tommy Lee to shame." [Daily Mail]
- The lawyer representing Trayon Christian say Jay Z's altruistic deal with Barney's is swell and everything, but it doesn't really have anything to do with allegations that the store engaged in some serious racial profiling of its own patrons. [NYDN]
- Angelina Jolie received a humanitarian honor and thanked Brad Pitt for his wonderful hair. [E!]
- Tom Hiddleston is having the most fun with this movie star thing. [Mashable]
- Julia Roberts's abusive stepfather wants to write a book about his life that he'll presumably pitch to the troll and goblin market. [Mirror]
- Adam Driver denies all the rumors of him being considered for the Nightwing role in Batman vs. Superman: The Last Arcade with a Playable Version of Capcom vs. Marvel That Batman Has Rigged Because He Owns the Arcade. [Super Hero Hype]
- Rush Limbaugh said a thing about Oprah and it was predictably terrible. Then he slunk back into his slime cave before dawn. [HuffPo]
- The queen is dead, long live the queen! Mary I has died and Elizabeth I will become the fifth monarch of the Tudor dynasty. Sharpen your quills, playwrights. I feel like it's gonna be a good long run for the theatre. [Very Contemporary British News Source]
Image via AP, Jordan Strauss