At first, when I read the headline that Nicole Kidman got knocked to the ground by a bicyclist I was like, "Oh no! I hope she's okay!!! Bicycle/pedestrian collisions can be dangerous!" but then when I found out she's fine and she's pressing charges I was like, "Really? I mean, accidents happen—it's not some nefarious crime just because an expensive lady fell over," but then when I found out that the bicycle dude was a paparazzo who was chasing her on purpose I was like, "Oh, fuck it then." Basically I'm just glad that nobody is seriously injured. And people—don't chase other people. Unless you found their wallet or something.
Nicole had just left the Calvin Klein show for New York's Fashion Week and was returning to the Carlyle Hotel.
As she walked toward the entrance, a freelance photog named Carl Wu was roaring toward her on his bike. Witnesses tell TMZ ... as Wu got dangerously close to Nicole, he appeared to hit his brakes, but it didn't do the trick. He slammed into her and she went crashing to the ground.
A photog who was there tells TMZ ... Nicole was furious and said she wanted to press charges against Wu. Nicole called the cops, and they're on the way right now.
Wu is a notorious photog who has had run-ins with other celebs, including Lada Gaga. There's actually a Tumblr account called, "F**k You Carl Wu."
Yeah, okay then. [TMZ]
Andre Leon Talley says that Russell Simmons should be banned from the front row at NYFW because of the "Harriet Tubman Sex Tape."
“I don’t think Russell Simmons should be seated on anybody’s front row this week after having done that disgusting Harriet Tubman sex tape. He is a man of great achievement. He is a great philanthropist….why would he think it would be an honorable thing to do? He said he thought it was funny. That is not funny it is outrageously disrespectful to the legacy and history of Harriet Tubman and to the struggle.”
I'm Lindy West and I approve this feud. [TheGrio]
Benedict Cumberbatch says he was once abducted in South Africa after his car blew a tire.
"We were like sitting ducks, adverts for — not prosperity necessarily but materialism," he continued. Sure enough, a short time later, six men emerged from the dark, demanding that the threesome give up any money or drugs they might have on them.
..."I was scared, really scared," he recalled. "I said: 'What are you going to do with us? Are you going to kill us?' I was really worried that I was going to get raped or molested or just tortured or toyed with in some way, some act of control and savagery."
Fortunately for the actor, the men drove off, and a kind stranger later saved him. "I looked into this black man's face, and I cried with gratitude," he said.
- Gwyneth Paltrow said that Stella McCartney is "a bit naughty," in a fake British accent probably. [ContactMusic]
- Rita Ora wore bandanna-clothes. [E!]
- "Kelly Rowland Puts Her Abtastic Bawwdy On Blast In A Teeny Bikini For Shape Magazine." [Bossip]
- Rick Ross "made Harvey Levin his bitch" and told him that his name is "Hervis" now. [TMZ]
- YOU CAN BREATHE AGAIN. KATE MIDDLETON'S POST-BABY BODY IS REPORTEDLY "SLIM." [Us]
- Cee-Lo has a crush on Lauryn Hill. [Bossip]
- Jonathan Schaech and his wife made a baby. [Something about "That Thing You Goo."] [ContactMusic]
- Charlie Sheen just got his high school diploma. [TMZ]
- Karen O is pissed off about all these mosquitos. [DailyIntelligencer]
- HAPPY HOURRRRRRRR
Images via Getty.