Here's some good news to kick off the Tuesday after a three day weekend: Kali Hardig, the 12-year-old Arkansas girl who was infected with a brain-eating parasite at her local water park (DO NOT GO TO WATER PARKS) is eating, drinking, smiling and talking. Go Kali! Kick those brain-eating amoeba in their brains. See how they like it.
Kali's doctors are giving her some advanced-level Contagion type treatment with antifungal medicine, antibiotics and a new experimental anti-amoeba drug doctors got directly from the CDC. They also reduced her body temperature to 93 degrees to preserve undamaged brain tissue. Ninety-nine percent of people who get the infection die, so keep those fingers crossed for Kali.
Photo via Facebook